Staff Career Services
at U of T
How does it work?
Career consultations can involve one or more confidential discussions to support your career development. Depending on your needs you could discuss:
- Career direction and potential career trajectories at the University, including how best to align your personal style, interests and skills with opportunities here
- Professional development goals and ways to enhance your skills including identifying courses, programs or certifications to meet your objectives
- Job search strategies including how to conduct information interviews and build a strategic network at the University
- Approaches to marketing yourself on a resume and cover letter including an individual critique of your documents
- Strategies on how to present yourself during a hiring interview and/or the opportunity to have a practice interview with a career consultant
Prior to booking an appointment please ensure:
- That you have a valid @utoronto.ca email address
- That you are a University of Toronto Staff Appointed Employee.
If you are not sure about your status, feel free to contact the LLC department prior to booking online.
Dual Career Connection
Employment Coaching for Spouses/Partners of New Faculty
Accompanying spouses/partners of newly appointed permanent faculty who are seeking non-academic employment. The service is available for a period of one year (up to eight appointments) and can be accessed for up to two years following arrival in Toronto.
Referrals are made through the Dean or department Chair to the Coordinator, Career Services.
- Individual confidential career counselling
- Employment search coaching
- Customized resume feedback and interview practice
- Assistance building new networks
- Connect with other new faculty spouse/partners
- Access to job search resources
- Career Management workshops and events